Young African Professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member States other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2017 will be 01st – 22nd August 2016.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
- Citizen of AU Member State or African Diaspora;
- Age 18 – 33 years;
- Has a post-secondary certified qualifications (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent)
- Available to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
- Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
- Is proficient in at least one official AU language (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese);
- Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year professional work experience.
Eligible Fields of Qualification
For the next intake of AU Youth Volunteers, the following fields of qualification and expertise are required:
- Communication Studies
- Computer Science
- Diverse Natural Science Fields
- Environmental Management
- Gender Studies
- Human Resources Management
- Human rights
- International relations
- Political Science
- Space Science
How to Apply
- Register on the AU-YVC Database https://www.africa-youth.org/auyvc/
- Read carefully the information on the website.
- Build Your Profile.
- Attach the following:
- Scanned copy of identity page on your passport
- Highest qualification degree
- Letter of Recommendation
- Submit application (latest by 22nd August 2016 midnight Addis Ababa time)
Applications that do not contain all requested documents will not be considered.
Those who had applied before are requested to re-apply.
- 23rd August: Eligibility Check;
- 15th September: Successful applicants will be notified;
- 15th October – 01st November: AU-YVC pre-deployment training;
- 2017: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For the successful candidates, the African Union Commission and partners will cover the full costs of their pre-deployment training and cost of their deployment.
On deployment, the African Union Youth Volunteers receive the following:
- Economy return air ticket from home town to place of deployment
- A modest monthly stipend
- Health insurance cover
- Separation allowance on successful completion of twelve months